1. Have fun! Enjoy the adventure!
2. HAMR is a self-supported event. By registering for this event you assume full responsibility for your actions, decisions, and outcomes. Be prepared.
3. No one is coming to save you.
4. You will be required to pass a gear check Friday night at packet pickup and potentially at checkpoints during the race. Failing a gear check will result in a DQ. No exceptions. Carry the required gear at all times.
5. Road Rules apply to all events. Do not get hit by a car, cause an accident or mayhem.
6. Approved cycling helmets must be used at all times.
7. You must have a GPS. No exceptions. We will load a GPX file onto the GPS units of Sledge competitors overnight Friday.
8. TeamHAMR: Team members must stick together at all times and have their bikes with them at all times.
9. TeamHAMR, ClubHAMR, and HAMRun competitors must return to basecamp within 12-hours from the start time.
10. You MUST respect private land. Do not trespass.
11. Competitors may only receive support at HAMR checkpoints whose locations are released Friday night.
12. Neutral assistance is allowed from locals. Neutral being defined as offered equally to everyone!.
13. Competitors can stock up on supplies at a c-store, restaurant, etc.
14. In the event they leave the course for any reason HAMRun, ClubHAMR, and SledgeHAMR competitors must return to the same point they left the course and resume their adventure from there.
15. Additional rules specific to checkpoints, time bonuses/penalties, and scoring will be provided Friday night in your HAMR Passports. Your Passports will be your primary tool in ensuring a fun and successful adventure!
Required for All HAMR Events:
2. Cell phone
3. Battery pack with appropriate cord to charge phone/GPS
4. Front light
5. Cash, debit card or credit card
6. Rain jacket
7. Extra thermal top or warm layer
8. Minimum 2L water carrying capacity (hydration pack or ~3 bottles)
9. Water filtration or treatment system (1 per team)
10. First aid kit w/gauze, tape, bandages, etc. (1 per team)
11. Emergency survival blanket (mylar style packs well)
13. Lighter or waterproof matches
Additional Items Required for all Biking Formats (Team, Club, Sledge):
15. Two spare tubes
16. Tire levers
17. Hand pump or inflation system
18. Chain tool and Master link
19. Allen wrench set or multi-tool
20. Red taillight on at all times
21. 2400 calories at start (**SledgeHAMR only**)